FEMA/SBA opened a new disaster recovery location in Katy:
Katy Mills Mall (Harris County)
5000 Katy Mills Circle
Katy TX 77494
Hours: Daily from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
FEMA representatives are available to assist you in completing your application.
If possible, homeowners, renters and businesses should register with FEMA before visiting a recovery center. Eligible residents may register for assistance the following ways:
- Online at DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Phone 800-621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: 800-462-7585). Multilingual operators are available (press 2 for Spanish).
- Via the FEMA app, available for Apple and Android mobile devices. To download visit: fema.gov/mobile-app
The following information is helpful when registering:
- Address of the location where the damage occurred (pre-disaster address).
- Current mailing address.
- Current telephone number.
- Insurance information.
- Total household annual income.
- Routing and account number for checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into a bank account).
- A description of disaster-caused damage and losses.
FEMA has a hotline (and an email address): https://www.disasterassistance.gov/help/contact-us as well as an app for your phone: https://www.fema.gov/
Information about disaster relief SBA loans (not just for business owners) is available at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Information/FactSheetHomeownersRenters