A FEMA Public Assistance Applicant Briefing will be held on Friday September 22 at 9:00 AM at the Fort Bend County Annex 4520 Reading Rd. Rosenberg, Texas.
The Public Assistance program makes funds available to repair damages and reimburse applicants for eligible costs associated with certain disaster-related activities. Applicants include cities, counties, special utility districts, and school districts.
You must apply for Public Assistance using the Request for Public Assistance (RPA) and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
FEMA/SBA opened a new disaster recovery location in Katy:
Katy Mills Mall (Harris County)
5000 Katy Mills Circle
Katy TX 77494
Hours: Daily from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
FEMA representatives are available to assist you in completing your application.
If possible, homeowners, renters and businesses should register with FEMA before visiting a recovery center. Eligible residents may register for assistance the following ways:
- Online at DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Phone 800-621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: 800-462-7585). Multilingual operators are available (press 2 for Spanish).
- Via the FEMA app, available for Apple and Android mobile devices. To download visit: fema.gov/mobile-app
The following information is helpful when registering:
- Address of the location where the damage occurred (pre-disaster address).
- Current mailing address.
- Current telephone number.
- Insurance information.
- Total household annual income.
- Routing and account number for checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into a bank account).
- A description of disaster-caused damage and losses.
FEMA has a hotline (and an email address): https://www.disasterassistance.gov/help/contact-us as well as an app for your phone: https://www.fema.gov/
Information about disaster relief SBA loans (not just for business owners) is available at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Information/FactSheetHomeownersRenters
Know Your FEMA Rights
FEMA Disaster Recovery Center Locator
The Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) Locator allows individuals to search for DRCs nearest to their location. DRC Locator also provides additional information about each DRC, such as hours of operation, services offered, and driving directions to the DRC.
Fort Bend Disaster Recovery Centers
A Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) is a facility or mobile office that applicants who have applied for FEMA assistance can go to ask question related to their case.
Debris Removal Information for Fort Bend County
Very important information. Read carefully to prepare for debris pickup.
How To Minimize Flood Damage To Your Home
Useful information by freelance writer Jonas Greene.
If you flooded you may be entitled to FEMA Disaster Assistance. It starts with getting a FEMA number. This number will be your number throughout the application process.
To register call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
Or go online to www.disasterassistance.gov
You will be asked for:
- Your Social Security Number
- Insurance Information
- A Contact Number
- Direct Deposit Information for Electronic Funds
Be sure to have a pen in hand to record important information, such as the FEMA number you will be provided.